Effective Research Proposals
Our Effective Research Proposal training course is designed to give individuals involved in submitting research proposals advice on how to write a high-quality effective grant proposal, highlighting the Impact and Knowledge Exchange elements to meet the RCUK’s Pathway’s To Impact guidance, creating the potential to write high scoring applications. The course can be tailored to an organisation or department’s Research Council interest.
Idox’s Effective Research Grant Workshop is ideal for any individuals who are expected to write funding applications for Research Councils and Innovate UK. Delegates are encouraged to bring along funding applications they are working on, or bids that have previously been submitted by their organisation, for use in the practical elements of the day.
For organisations wishing to run a closed course at their own offices, costs are as follows:
- Up to 6 attendees: £1,250 + VAT.*
- Up to 12 attendees: £1,850 + VAT.*
The above prices exclude travel expenses (charged at 45p per mile from the Idox offices in Wilmslow, Cheshire), plus overnight expenses (where warranted by the distance involved).
An introductory rate of £245 + VAT per person, which includes lunch and light refreshments during the day and covers the costs of course material.
Next open course dates
About the course provider
“Very useful and comprehensive for a one-day event. The calibre of the trainer was excellent and I feel significantly more confident now”
Duncan Pentland, KTP Associate, School of Health Sciences, Queen Margaret University Edinburgh
10.30 - Outline content of the workshop
10.35 - Participants' introductions and expectations
10.45 - RCUK & Innovate UK - What's hot; what's not?
11.00 - Effective proposals - what needs to be included?
11.45 - Coffee break
12.00 - Defining Impact & Knowledge Exchange Quiz
12.15 - Pathways to Impact - how does this affect you?
13.00 - Lunch
13.30 - Impact Examples
13.50 - The Golden Challenge: Work in teams to create an outline proposal with impact and a Knowledge Exchange statement
15.00 - Golden Challenge - Presenting your proposal
15.20 - Feedback from Challenge
15.40 - Reviewing the outcome - improving performance
15.50 - Workshop expectations review & evaluation
16.00 - Finish
- Understanding how to communicate effectively with peer reviewers and RCUK commissioners
- Understanding what is expected from partners and stakeholders
- Ability to write effective Impact and Knowledge Exchange Statements
- Ability to ‘sell’ your research proposal to funders
- Knowledge of where to identify policy drivers
- Understanding of how to construct an effective proposal structure
CPD Certification Service
Idox is proud to be a certified member of the CPD Certification Service. This means that the further learning value and structure of our training courses have been approved as conforming to CPD guidelines.
We are committed to ensuring:
- Our marketing information and course material is easy to understand.
- Learning outcomes are specified.
- Our delegates receive follow-on support after the course has taken place.
- High-quality training where the content of the course is always appropriate for the audience.
- Our material is updated to reflect changing needs.